Sunday, March 29, 2009

Two short stories and a novel!

Hello again everyone,

Two short stories, the first titled 'A Quarter to Oblivion', the second 'Facebook Wilde', are in the submission stage. I have high hopes for them, particularly the second one, which I think has a very interesting premise. Anyway, fingers crossed.

The big news is that I have finally settled on what I am going to do for my third novel. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have decided to combine three separate plot ideas I have had mulling about for a while. The most important breakthrough, however, came when I decided to bite the bullet and do something I have dreamed of doing for years, begin a series of historical fiction, like Susanna Gregory and her Matthew Bartholomew series, or Michael Jecks, or Ellis Peters. This decision brought all the threads together. I don't want to say too much, as I am still polishing the ideas, but I have a central character, a basic plot and, importantly, the location and year in which it will be set. As usual, I have high hopes! I really didn't want to start this journey until I felt ready, as this is incredibly important to me, and I want to get this published by a respected house, hopefully Headline! After two novels and countless short stories etc, I feel ready. So wish me luck, a lot of hard work ahead!

Better dash, hope all are well.

Adi

No comments: