Saturday, April 10, 2010

APRIL UPDATE

Hi again everyone,

Well a lot has happened since I last posted last year. The primary thing I guess is that I am now a PhD candidate at the University of Queensland! I was tossing up whether to go back to the school of History, Philosophy, Religion and Classics or perhaps do a PhD in creative writing. In the end all the signs were pointing towards doing the former and it gives me the possibility of enhancing my credentials to write historical novels anyway, as well as possibly achieving an academic career in this field, both options literally dreams of mine!

The short story Quarter to Oblivion was very well received on Antipodean SF. At the beginning of this year I had started writing two major projects, a historical novel set in the 1890's in Victorian London and Munich, based around the poet Lionel Johnson, and a young adult novel set in the early 1960's in Belfast. Both have been put on hold for now while I am concentrating on my thesis, but I hope to get to a place this year where I can devote some more time to them. The one set in the 1890's is a particular labour of love for me and I would love to complete it before too long.

The Lilith Charm has gone great guns, much better than I expected, with 500 readers already accessing it online. A fantastic progressive christian company which promotes progressive fiction is interested in letting people know more about it, and have suggested I look into perhaps placing it on Amazon Kindle for sale, which I am looking into.

Otherwise still writing for Focus and enjoying my new studies!

Adi

No comments: